Reloading PrimersShow Filters
Showing 1–18 of 57 results
Showing 1–18 of 57 results
Reloading Primers In Stock
Your go-to store for reloading Primers In Stock is Western Reloading Supplies. Because we give excellent service and low costs, we are the biggest supplier of primers from all brands. CCI, Federal, Remington, Winchester, and Cheddite are among of the brands.
We offer all you need whether you are reloading for a pistol, rifle, shotshell, or muzzleloader. For one hazardous cost, we pack powder and primers in the same box.
Whether you need a thousand primers or wholesale primers, we can help. All of your reloading requirements, such as reloading powder, primers, bullets, brass, and reloading equipment, are available from us.
Primers In Stock
Casimir Lefaucheaux, a French gunsmith, invented the first pinfire priming in 1828. It was followed by the Boxer primer, which was created almost simultaneously, and the Berdan primer, which was patented in 1866. The primer initiates the complete firing procedure.
The full range of shooting primers and accessories are available from Western Reloading Supplies for hunters who like to make their own ammo. Top brands including Winchester, Remington, Federal, and others are available for selection.
To construct your ammunition, combine your preferred primer with premium powder, brass, and bullets. Check out our primer trays, primer plugs, primer sleeves, and priming systems to complete your equipment.
We have a huge selection of fantastic discounts and the top brands at Western Reloading Supplies!
What are the Major Primer Manufacturers in the U.S.?
The major manufacturers of primers in the U.S include:
- Winchester Ammunition, based in Oxford, Mississippi, and East Alton, Illinois
- Cascade Cartridge Inc., also known under the abbreviation CCI, based in Lewiston, Idaho
- Federal Premium Ammunition, based in Anoka, Minnesota
- Remington Ammunition, based in Lonoke, Arkansas
These top companies supply primers for law and military enforcement as well as civilians.
What are the Primers Manufactured in the U.S. Made of?
The chemicals used to make American primers are non-corrosive and non-mercuric. Lead sulfate, barium nitrate, and antimony sulfide are among the ingredients used to make primers.
What are the Most Common sizes for Primers?
Though primer sizes vary per manufacturer, the most common sizes include:
- Small rifle primers, which are approximately .120 inches tall and .175 inches in diameter
- Small pistol primers, which are designed for handguns and are similar in size to small rifle primers
- Large rifle primers, which have a height of .128 inches and a width of .212 inches
- Large pistol primers, which have a height of .120 inches and a width of .212 inches
The size of the primer you require is determined by the ammo’s caliber. Consult our specialists at Western Reloading Supplies if you’re unsure of which primer to choose. We’ll be glad to point you in the proper direction if you need us to!
How do I re-prime my cases
- First you need to de-prime using a de-priming die or sizing die.
- Next clean the primer pockets, with various tools available, to remove the carbon buildup.
- Clean your cases and trim/chamfer if necessary.
- Now your cases are ready to insert the new primer. This is done by either a handheld, press mounted or bench mounted priming tool. After this step you are ready to measure and load powder.
What should I Consider when Reloading and Handling Primers?
When reloading and handling primers, consider the following:
- Always refer to a loading manual to see which primers to use.
- Test different primer makes to find the one that offers you the most accuracy
- Avoid touching the primers with your hands, as oils can affect reliability.
- Use safety glasses to protect your eyes from possible explosion and injury during priming of cases.
Can I Buy Primers online?
Yes — visit Western Reloading Supplies online shop and choose from our wide selection of top-quality primers!